Badia del Lavino
Its strategic position made it a point of reference for the travellers who passed through the territory during the 8th and 9th centuries.
It was a Benedictine convent until 1408, then became a “Commenda”, that is a land property whose rent was donated in favor of famous people, including Ludovico Beccadelli, to whom the high altar is dedicated.
In 1586, the building passed to the Collegio Montalto of Bologna.
Due to the Napoleonic suppressions, the church became a private property in 1797and belonged to the Castelli Family first, then to the Nicoletti Family and the Mainoldi Family who finally donated it to the Municipality of Monte San Pietro in 2000.
In 2005 the building underwent major renovation works that brought to light a series of frescoes depicting unknown moments in the history of the monument.
The Municipal Administration of Monte San Pietro has recently decided to set up a museum inside the church to make citizens and visitors learn more about the history of the church and the characteristics of the surrounding area.
A series of display cabinets contain working tools used for the typical cultivations of the hilly area. Most of the tools on display were donated by the Pruvena Association.